Friday, May 30, 2008

Cocoa Chai Tea Is A Winner

I wrote in an earlier article about Cocoa Tea which really isn't a tea as it is made with a cocoa stick, a bay leaf, cinnamon, vanilla, corn starch a usually a sweetener such as sugar or honey. But I also mentioned in that article a new flavor that Good Earth has come out with. That flavor is their "Cocoa Chai Tea". Now this is a real tea as it is made with black tea.

Chai tea is made with black tea and usually has a few spices thrown in. This tea is no different. The first thing that your nose will notice is the distinct aroma of the cocoa. This becomes more pronounced when you infuse the tea bag. But it does not end there. Your first sip will obviously detect the cocoa, but then the clove and other spices including nutmeg and cardamom become immediately evident. Each sip detects another nuance. And with all of these wonderful flavors there is still a beautiful flavor of the black tea in the background.

I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised. I did find though that I prefer this tea sweetened. Maybe it is because of the cocoa. After all of those cups of hot cocoa growing up, it's hard to take your cocoa unsweetened, although this tea is certainly palatable that way. It's just my preference. And don't get me wrong here, it is nothing like a cup of cocoa; it's tea with a cocoa flavor to it.

After all is said and done, adding this flavor to your kitchen is a delicious way to get more tea in your life. I still haven't found this tea in the stores but I understand it is available there. You may just have to look. Or you can buy it online at www.GoodEarthTeas.com. And for more information on your favorite teas, visit Tea In Your Life.com

No comments: